• Salary up to £45,000
• Up to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Generous pension contributions
• Healthcare scheme
• Growing Chartered Accountants practice with opportunities for advancement to directorship level
• Work with high quality clients – 98% of clients on Cloud Accounting
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a career in accounting in a dynamic, friendly and professional team working to a high standard with great clients using the latest technology? If your answer is YES then we may have the role for you.
As a Client Manager at Andrew Price & Co you’ll be a leading member of the team supporting our business owner clients with a range of services that generates interesting and varied work.
We work closely with our clients so that they get the best advice and support they can, which means you’ll have a high degree of contact with the business owners you will be working for and you’ll be in the picture as to what’s happening so that you’ll see how your contribution will count.
The majority of the businesses you’ll be working on will have turnovers between £300,000 and £10,000,000. You’ll be able to do great work that has a direct impact on the clients you support, leading a team providing a wide range of services that are all coordinated to get a better result for the client.
The working environment is designed to make what you do easier and more enjoyable. We have a collaborative approach to dealing with everything as we’re all working together to make being at work more fun! A place where good work and a great attitude is noticed and appreciated.
We use Xero and if you haven’t used it before don’t worry, we’ll train you and you’ll become Xero Certified like all our other accountants in the team, this is on going, as we make the best use of the software we use. We also keep you up to date on all matters to do with your work in relation to VAT and tax matters so that you can feel confident in what you are doing.
Here are some more details about this great role:
Qualifications and experience
You’ll have the ACA or ACCA qualification with at least three years post qualification experience in a general practice environment where you have a track record in dealing with the accounting and taxation needs of small and medium sized businesses.
What you will be doing
• Supporting clients and our relationship with them
• The administration of a portfolio of clients, including agreeing the services to be provided, setting fees and completion of service agreements.
• Coordinating the other services provided to your clients e.g. payroll, bookkeeping/VAT returns and Online accounting Services
• Providing clients with management accounts and key performance indicator reports, meeting with them to discuss them
• Administration of clients compliance requirements (tax and company administration)
• One off assignments for the management of the practice and clients
• Take an active role in the development and promotion of the company
• Finding better ways to provide a great experience for our clients
• Planning and scheduling of work to meet our service standards
• Review of team members work – Responsibility for the review of accounts for limited companies and sole traders/partnerships, and related tax compliance work
• Training and development of team members
Training and support, keeping you at the leading edge of the profession:
We recognise the time and commitment you’ve put in to achieve your professional qualifications and knowledge to date. We want you to be able to maintain your professional expertise, so we invest in your future in a number of ways to give you the confidence to deliver high quality services:
• One to one training/mentoring with the director on all aspects of your role and systems to support you in the work you will do
• You’ll have an annual plan encompassing both your technical and your personal development
• We’ll keep you up to date both technically and with management skills with in house training and you’ll have an unlimited access to SWAT/Mercia training webinars (the country’s leading accountancy training provider)
More about the role
Great clients to work with – which means more interesting and varied work for you, with job satisfaction. We work with business owners who want to grow and develop their businesses, they are motivated and great people to work with. We help clients get the businesses they need to have the life they want, which means that we do more than ‘traditional’ accountants, but to help us provide the extra services we have to do the ‘normal’ to a high standard. The sorts of clients you’ll be working on include national and international magazine publishers, pharmacies, hotels, garages, construction companies and dental labs.
Up to date systems – This means that you are working with the best systems available, which makes the work easier. 98% of our business clients’ use cloud accounting software and all accountants at Andrew Price & Co are Xero certified Accountants. Our office systems are cloud based and we use industry leading software to operate the practice.
A company with an eye on the future – So that you can be confident of a great career – The world is changing and this affects the accountancy profession. We keep an eye on the future and a step ahead of the industry to ensure that we offer services that business owners want and that we remain relevant to the needs of business owners in a way that uses the latest technology.
What’s the next step?
Want to find out more before submitting your CV?
Call Andrew Price in confidence on 01803 296678
Message via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewpriceaccountant/
If you want to apply for the position, please send us your CV , by post or email, detailing your qualifications and experience along with your contact details.
By post to: Mr A Price, Andrew Price & Co, Haldon House, 4 Castle Road, Torquay,TQ1 3BG