Accounts Senior/Semi Senior
• Salary up to £28,000
• Up to 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Generous pension contributions
• Healthcare scheme
• Expanding Chartered Accountants practice with opportunities to grow with us with a clear development path (we are also in ICAEW training employer)
• Work with high quality clients
• 98% of clients on Cloud Accounting
• Wide range of interesting work as standard with the opportunity for developing particular expertise in one of these areas:
- Cloud accounting systems and cloud accounting apps
- Business advisory services
Are you looking for an opportunity to have a career in accounting in a dynamic, friendly and professional team working to a high standard with great clients using the latest technology? If your answer is YES then we may have the role for you.
As an Accountant at Andrew Price & Co you’ll be a crucial part of the team, supporting our business owner clients with a range of services that generates interesting and varied work.
We work closely with our clients so that they get the best advice and support they can, which means you’ll have a high degree of contact with the business owners you will be working for and you’ll be in the picture as to what’s happening so that you’ll see how your contribution will count.
The majority of the businesses you’ll be working on will have turnovers between £300,000 and £10,000,000. You’ll be part of a team providing a wide range of services that are all coordinated working together to get a better result for the client and where you can do great work.
The working environment is deigned to make what you do easier and more enjoyable. We have a collaborative approach to dealing with everything as we’re all working together to make being at work more fun! A place where good work and a great attitude is noticed and appreciated.
We use Xero and if you haven’t used it before don’t worry, we’ll train you and you’ll become Xero Certified like all our other accountants in the team, this is on going, as we make the best use of the software we use. We also keep you up to date on all matters to do with your work in relation to VAT and tax matters so that you can feel confident in what you are doing.
Here are some more details about this great role:
Qualifications and experience
We are looking for someone with the AAT qualification, but will consider applicants who can demonstrate relevant experience.
Making Tax Digital
We have met the MTD deadlines and participated in the HMRC pilot scheme and all the clients you work on have the cloud based software Xero.
Accounting /technical work, this includes:
• Management accounts (monthly and quarterly)
• Annual accounts for companies and unincorporated businesses
• Personal tax return preparation
• VAT Return preparation and submission
• EC Sales lists and Intrastat returns
• CIS Returns
Supporting clients, working with them:
We use Xero Online accounting software and Xero apps (software that works with Xero), so you may be training clients in some aspects of the use of Xero and Xero apps, like Receiptbank… don’t worry we’ll make sure you’re confident with everything before you start.
Training and support, keeping you at the leading edge of the profession:
We recognise the time and commitment you’ve put in to achieve your professional qualifications and knowledge to date. We want you to be able to maintain your professional expertise, so we invest in your future in a number of ways to give you the confidence to deliver high quality services:
• One to one training with senior team members on all aspects of your role and systems to support you in the work you will do
• You’ll have an annual plan encompassing both your technical and your personal development
• Kept up to date with the accounting software you use with ongoing training and certification from Xero
• We’ll keep you up to date both technically and with management skills with in house training and you’ll have an unlimited access to SWAT/Mercia training webinars (the country’s leading accountancy training provider)
More about the role
Great clients to work with – which means more interesting and varied work for you, with job satisfaction. We work with business owners who want to grow and develop their businesses, they are motivated and great people to work with. We help clients get the businesses they need to have the life they want, which means that we do more than ‘traditional’ accountants, but to help us provide the extra services we have to do the ‘normal’ to a high standard. The sorts of clients you’ll be working on include national and international magazine publishers, pharmacies, hotels, garages, construction companies and dental labs.
Up to date systems – This means that you are working with the best systems available, which makes the work easier. 98% of our business clients’ use cloud accounting software and all accountants at Andrew Price & Co are Xero certified Accountants. Our office systems are cloud based and we use industry leading software to operate the practice.
A company with an eye on the future – So that you can be confident of a great career – The world is changing and this affects the accountancy profession. We keep an eye on the future and a step ahead of the industry to ensure that we offer services that business owners want and that we remain relevant to the needs of business owners in a way that uses the latest technology.
What’s the next step?
Want to find out more before submitting your CV?
Call Andrew Price in confidence on 01803 296678
Message via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewpriceaccountant/
If you want to apply for the position, please send us your CV , by post or email, detailing your qualifications and experience along with your contact details.
By post to: Mr A Price, Andrew Price & Co, Haldon House, 4 Castle Road, Torquay,TQ1 3BG